The Dawn

As we set off for the trip. A trip that my mother and sister were planning  meticulously for quite some time without bringing it to my notice, so as to surprise me, although eventually I did know because they are very poor concealers.

I wasn't really looking forward to it as soon as a week after coming home finally,  I had in my mind foreseen a good long stay at my home for quite some time before having a trip, so this trip caught me quite unaware, but we were quite set in and so we embarked.

We had our flight to Leh at 4 a.m in the morning and it was probably the first time I didn't sleep the entire night,  after fighting for the much coveted 'window' seat as the sun was about to rise and I had the opportunity to see it from 37000 feet up above & so I pounced upon the opportunity. 

The shades of deep violet sky blending and merging in the background into deep black up above, truly at the edge..
A sea of clouds beneath us of all shapes and sizes extending into the infinite horizon as far as my eyes could comprehend.  Stratus Layer like clouds as well as the eventual fibrous high flying cloud cirrus,  thunderously black volatile ones moving rapidly over the west coast. 
I ain't no meteorologist but the vicissitudes of them beneath us truly amazed me to the core & then came the very first faint rays of light on the horizon splitting into all shades of the complete spectrum of colours slowly and very distinctly.

As they got more and more distinctive,  a thought or should I say a realisation occurred to me..

The Dawn, a moment which happens every single day marking the beginning of the day, as the first rays touch the earth in a rather soothingly nourishing way, when few but most people are cosy in their sheets.  The fact that such a rather regular and rudimentary moment that happens everyday in all its majestic beauty and magnificence can give us hope, teach us humility, and most of all make us understand that, 'The real joy and legacy of a life actually lived lies in the small rather regular primary things if we know how to cherish them and value them'.

Then slowly but surely the colours faded into red and blue in the background as the sun rose up rather rapidly once it was on the horizon.

The sun has been 'persistently' rising and setting off the horizon since millenia of existence and we in all our tiny existence in this cosmos for what like 70-80 years of lifespans?  Still continue to persistently fight over petty issues and materialistic things with whom?? It's almost always knowingly or unknowingly with the people in our lives who love us the most.

So a journey which I wasn't really very much looking forward to, started in the best possible way.. For even though I had been awake for the night, I didn't feel any signs of fatigue at that moment when the day dawned in all it's seemingly rudimentary glory.

I had a new day ahead of me,  a new chance,  a new choice to make it count.

A choice to cherish the small seemingly insignificant moments in our daily life.

A choice to cherish the people who matter over things that don't.

A choice to live.

Comments

  1. You should give writing novels a try! Coz this piece of work is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Try

To Start